I call it Saturday...

A weekly blog about the fresh, local food each Saturday at the Union Square Farmer's Market in NYC and my subsequent moments of culinary triumph and failure.

Friday, September 22, 2006

It's just too good to cook...

I feel as if I'm neglecting the blog, but part of the problem is, so many of the items I've gotten from the market recently have just been too good to alter by cooking.

For example, the cantalope from the past weekend was bisected, seeded and my husband and I attacked our halves with a spoon, plain and with red pepper flakes respectively. Perfection!

Last night, I served lamb stewed with dates, onions and red pepper, black rice and slices of the most incredibly crisp kirby cucumbers. The cold, watery green being the ultimate counterpart to the rich spicy meat.

With produce so fresh, sometimes using it in any but it's simplest form is disrespectful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home