I call it Saturday...

A weekly blog about the fresh, local food each Saturday at the Union Square Farmer's Market in NYC and my subsequent moments of culinary triumph and failure.

Monday, November 27, 2006

Back again!

Hey all,

I've been having a heck of a time getting my blogs to post, so I'll be working my way backwards with the highlights of the past few weeks.

This past weekend, I missed the market because I was in the homeland for Thanksgiving. Albeit not a farmer's market, my mom and I drove out to Zittau, WI to the Union Star Dairy to get any number of cheese products: curds, string cheese, hot pepper muenster and my very favorite: hickory nut muenster. The hickory not flavor is such a mild mellow taste, unlike any other nut and it goes so very well with the cheese. I highly recommend it. Orderable, along with many other cheeses at www.unionstarcheese.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home